Tuesday, October 20, 2009

funny stuff last night

So our house was interesting last night. I get home and both the kids are being sent to their rooms for drinking out of the coke bottle when Nick was outside. It was so funny. So Ava is in her room screaming “I don’t want a spanking. I can’t take it anymore!”. Parker is in his room telling Jehovah how unfair it is that he is in trouble for drinking out of the coke bottle (even though Nick specifically told them they couldn’t have pop) and how he was good for one day (yes that’s right…ONE day) in school and so he shouldn’t be in trouble at home. Nick is in the kitchen cracking up laughing. So he calls them in the room and tells them they have a choice of getting a spanking or being on punishment and only being able to drink milk and water all week. That is what they choose. It was so funny though. So they still had to do a time out. In time out Ava tells Parker “at least we have each other !”.
Then later on Ava wanted to play in my shoes and I told her not now. She said “I am having a bad-bad-bad-bad- day and that is why I can’t take it anymore!”. So I explain to her that the good thing about days is you get to start a new one and her day will be better tomorrow. I also tell her that she can’t decide to have a bad day every time someone tells her no because that is a part of life. Of course Parker chimes in and tells her that she just needs to pray to Jehovah more.
Then in the middle of the night she gets up and tells me she knows there are monsters in her room (probably nightmares from all the coke she drank). I tell her that there are no monsters in her room and mommy wouldn’t let monsters get in her room. She tells me “ how do you know? You are not sleeping in there. I am. And I am telling you that there are monsters in my room and you need to believe me”. So I said Ava just go to your room and let mommy pat your back and lay with you for a minute and we can talk to Jehovah. She says “that will NOT work. You are going to lay in there with me until I fall asleep and then go back to your bed. I know that and that means the monsters know that too!”. So after battling it out I let her sleep in Parker’s room but told her she would be in trouble if she woke him up. Of course she had to have the last word and tells me “I told you I was having a bad day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment